Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tokyo, My Favourite Geisha

tokyo is my favourite geisha.  it isnt home but it certainly is a lot of fun!  it started off, as i mentioned here, in first class.  let me just say on the record that ive never experienced anything like it.  the cathay first class lounge is redonkulous.  real silver, massive amounts of food, white linens and service like what i havent seen since new york.


then i get onto the flight in seat 1a to find a MASSIVE seat which could fit me and my haggis (but sadly he stayed home) to snuggle and watch a movie on my very large tv.  here, the charming (if a bit over eager) flight attendants fed me and fed me until i was ready to pop.  at one point, i rang the bell and not one but two flight attendants scurried over to me before i could even bring my hand back up from the panel.  i let them know i was beyond full and the sigh of disappointment they both let out was if they worked long hard hours in the kitchen themselves to prepare it especially for me.
after getting into tokyo and overcoming a small amount of confusion, i found my dear friend waiting for me on the platform of sugamo, which is apparently is 'harajuku for old ladies' and oh so fitting for the two of us to meet there!

otherwise, the weekend was spent hanging out, talking about life and love, visiting museums, drinking and eating and drinking and eating!


this exhibit was very cool - it was a room lit only by what the light provided and black ink being shot up to land on this bouncy surface with the landscape of tokyo behind it.




it is a same this photo didnt come out :( 


No comments: