Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Landed

first, welcome to my blog. i've never been one to do blogs or friendster or myspace or facebook or anything else and i also know what i do with mass emails i receive...that's right friends, i glance at them and immediately discard them. so i figure, blogs are fairly anonymous and if you want to know what i am up to, great, come here and read it and if not, that's cool, too.

so, after a somewhat busy few weeks leading up to my arrival in hk, i finally settled into the lovely ramada for a few days before heading out to the company flat for a month or so this weekend.

good lord, where to begin? this all happened so fast, i am still not sure what the heck is going on - one day i am considering moving to hk for work and the next i'm negotiating and then packing up all my shoes. it was an easy decision to come here which turned decidedly difficult as different realities set in throughout the process. this decision was made purely with my head. i do not want to go to b-school and pay for an education i already i got at babson but i need to do something to make myself more competitive. plus, asia is where its at, ya dig? the issue is that i did not make it with my heart at all. in fact, i am quite attached to my life in manhattan. i had a great life there and was not done or ready to leave. i am hoping my heart will change and i will learn to love things about hk as well. yet, at the same time, nobody could ever make me do anything i didn't want to do. so believe me, if i want to leave - i'm leaving.

i hope my posts will be fun - full of pictures of travel and new friends with stories from a different city. and i know that manhattan will always be there along with all the people that i love - love has no borders...cheesy, but true :) so, come on over and SEE ME SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and by the way, this picture is hk at night - it's actually quite nice since you can't really see the smog yet...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lizzie! I read your blog and have to tell you that it is hilariously entertaining and well-written. If those typhoon warnings get anywhere near a 10, you come home right away missy! I miss you and will check your blog often to see what shenanigans you're getting into. Well somebody has to keep tabs on you! Smooches. ---Josie