Friday, February 20, 2009

Foking China

i went to guangzhou before christmas and my sweet honkie colleague offered to take rmb out of his account. so i went with mates, bought a few things and all was fine. i went to shenzhen a couple of weekends ago to buy LOADS of dvds and was told by the little dvd man that three of my 100s were fake. "WHAT???? they came out of the atm!" i told him. but he didnt care and said to me, "i know what bills are fakes - these are fakes". so that was that. i went home with some but not all of my dvds. today my honkie and i went to bank of china to tell them the bills were fake. the outcome? one was not fake and two were. so he filed some paperwork and that is it. i lose 200 rmb. it is only about 50 bucks but STILL it is the principal of the whole thing. i live in a country where you can go to an atm and the money can be freaking FAKE. what am i doing here? honestly?

No comments: